My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Favorites: December 2011/January 2012



Hello, my Pretties!

I don't know if you noticed, but I didn't get a chance to do a FAVORITES post last month.  With all the hoopla surrounding my birthday and Christmas and preparing for the New Year, it kinda sorta got overlooked.

And even though this favorites post is inclusive of two months, my favorites are few.  I have had long weeks of working 10-12 hour days and don't wear makeup that often during the week.  If I do, it's just a quick dusting of face powder and some mascara.  When the weekend comes around, I only wear makeup if I'm going out and about.  Which isn't that often either since my weekends are filled with laundry and Lifetime movies.

I apologize for my lackluster array of favorites but nonetheless, here they are:

Favorites for December 2011 and January 2012.

Victoria's Secret Secret Garden Scented Candle and
Refreshing Body Mist in Pure Seduction.

I included this body mist back in my November Favorites and I'm still using it!  I love this scent and I love having the matching scented candle.  Casaba Melon, Plum, and Freesia make up this scent and it's wonderful!  I'm almost out of my body mist so keep an eye out for that one in February's empties post!

Clean & Clear Advantage 3-in-1
Foaming Acne Wash

This is a 3-in-1 because it 1-cleanses the skin, 2-treats pimples, and 3-helps prevent future breakouts.  And it's oil free.  I don't suffer from acne prone but my sweet-tart does and that's why we purchased this one.  It's always in the shower and so one day I started using it and liked how clean my skin looked.  I started using it often, about 2-3 times a week.  I don't use it everyday because since my skin is not problematic for the exception of a pesky pimple every so often, the salicylic acid acne medication in this cleanser dries out my skin too much.  Using it once in a while keeps my skin clean and prevents any acne from popping up.

E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Avon Healthy Makeup Eyeshadow in Tiger's Eye
L'Oreal HIP High Intensity Pigments in Tenacious
Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color in On and On Orchid

This E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner is one of my all time favorite liquid eyeliners.  It's so black and easy to apply.  It dries fairly quickly and it lasts all day without running or fading.  And for only $1.00, it's a steal!

I use Avon's Tiger's Eye eyeshadow when I am in a hurry and just want a touch of color to my lids.  I apply it easily with the doe foot applicator and the liquid shadow blends out easily and evenly with just my fingertips.  The color is pigmented and wears well all day long.

This HIP pigment is my first and it is beautiful!  I bought this a while back when CVS was having a 75% off sale and I paid peanuts for it.  It is a color unlike anything else I have.  It's like melted metal on my eyelids.  Sounds painful but it looks stunning!

This Maybelline 24 Color is also my first and I adore it.  The lip color actually lasts just about 24 hours.  It's amazing, really.  This one was given to my by my sweet-tart's aunt who bought it for herself but didn't like the color on her but thought it would look good on me.  It does!  I love it.  I applied it in the a.m. and it stayed on through eating and drinking and even sleep.  I woke up the next morning and it was still on my lips.  Crazy!

Swatches.

Left to Right:
E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Avon Healthy Makeup Eyeshadow in Tiger's Eye
L'Oreal HIP High Intensity Pigments in Tenacious
Maybelline 24 Color in On and On Orchid

So, there you go my loves, these are the top products I have been using in my life for the months of December and January.  Are any of these your favorites too?

Luv & Luk,
--L.

♥♥ All items mentioned in this post were purchased by me with my own money unless otherwise stated.  These are my own thoughts and opinions. ♥♥

2 comments:

  1. That pigment looks so pretty :) I would love a full review on that lip color. I have seen them in the displays with the color tattoos but wasnt sure how well they worked. I would love it for work if it lasts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this pigment! I just love it, love it! LOL. And yes, I'm working on a full review for this lip color. I already tested it out for a whole day and took pics. Now I just need to edit the pics and write it up :)

      Delete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥