My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Favorites: November 2011



Hello, my Pretties!

I love Twitter.  I was tweeting away earlier when someone mentioned that they already had posted their monthly favorites.  I was like, "OMG, I totally forgot!"  What else is new?  I know.

And in case you don't follow me on Twitter, I announced late last week that I had gotten a job as a nanny.  Sounds weird to say it because it's for my two year old nephew.  He has health issues so his doctors recommended that he be taken out of daycare and for my sister to hire a nanny to go take care of him at home.  And so she hired me!

So yeah, that's what I've been up to lately.  My days are long now.  I'm with him from 7 a.m. to about 7 p.m.  I have my nephew and my daughter, both two years old, all day and then I have my six year old daughter from 3-7 after I pick her up from school.  Yeah.  My hands are full.

So, you might see my blog start to suffer a little bit from it.  By the time I get home, it's dark out so I can't take pictures for a new post. I'm going to have to save all of that for the weekend when I'm off but then again, I have my two munchkins at home all day so that's why I would never work on blog posts on the weekends, only on weekdays when one was in school and the other was napping.  LOL.  So, I guess I'm going to have to try something else.

Anyway, I managed to get in my Monthly Favorites post today.  Here it is.  Enjoy!

November 2011 Favorites

Blistex Cold & Allery Lip Soother
External/Analgesic/Lip Protectant
Net wt. .15 oz/ 4.25 g
I got this a couple of weeks ago when I was really sick with a cold.  My nose was so stuffy that I was basically panting like a dog just trying to breathe.  My lips were so dry so when I went to get some Kleenex from Walgreen's, I saw this and I bought it.  I love how it smells.  It's so citrus-y.  It claims to relieve lip discomfort and dryness due to illness or medication.  That is does!  Instantly my lips felt moisturized.  They were already all cracked and peeling prior to application.  I put it on before bed and in the morning, my lips were almost normal!  It is infused with vitamins C and E along with green tea, elderberry, chamomile and honey.  No wonder it tastes so good.  Good stuff.
Avon 24 Karat Gold Lip Gloss
in Honey Gold
I've had this lip gloss for what seems like ages and I love it!  I'm not a pink lip gloss person but this one works for me.  I adore this shade.  Sad thing is, it's no longer available.  You can't see it in the shot but it's more than half empty.  I think this one will appear in my monthly empties post very soon.
Swatch of Honey Gold.
As you can see in the picture, it's a very pretty pink.  But what you can't see, is that it has loads of shimmer in it.  You can see it in the tube as well as on your lips when you're out in the sun.  Such a cute color.
Avon Anew Rejuvinate Night Sapphire Emulsion
50 g net wt./ 1.7 oz
Another Avon product to share with you today.  I had also tweeted about this product about a month ago.  I said I was using a new face cream that made my skin look almost air brushed.  So many of you wanted to know which one it was!
Very cool looking night cream.
I love the look of this.  It's a gel but it's like glittery blue.  Super pretty.  It feels weird on.  It's a gel and I'm used to a cream consistency.  In my opinion, when I wear this night cream, in the morning, my face is so soft and smooth and my pores are less visible.  Yay for shrunken pores!  This one is pricey for me but I figure that I'll be 30 in December so I need to take care of my skin.  The only downside to this is if you have sensitive skin like I do, it's recommended that you wait 15 minutes after cleansing your face before applying the night cream.  If you don't wait, you could get a burning feeling on your face.  Not like I'm-on-fire but it's plain old discomfort.  I like it.  It claims to make you look 5 years younger in two weeks.  It cost me about $30 but I think I do look more youthful.
E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip
in Citrus 
OK, this one did not cost me $30 but it cost me $1.00 and I love it.  I use this product as a brow highlight or as a highlight on my cheekbones.  But lately I have been using it as a base for my shimmery shadows and it works beautifully.  The shadow sticks so well to it and it lasts all day.  No creasing on me.  Best $1.00 ever.  I've seen other posts done on this product and I have seen some bad reviews.  To each his own.  Every experience is different.  Mine was a good one.  For a dollar, try it out and see if it works for you.  There are many shades to chose from on the E.L.F. website.
M•A•C Fluidline
Eeek!  I can't believe I have M•A•C.  I got this as a part of my Tartan Tale gift set that my sweet-tart gave me last year for Christmas.  I kept saying I was going to show it off but I never did.  Maybe I should still do it.  One year later and it's practically untouched.  I cherish it so much, I don't want to use it.  LOL.
Blitz & Glitz Fluidline
Net wt. 3 g/ 0.10 oz
This is such a smooth application.  It's like butter.  For real.  I've never said that about any makeup item I own.  Love this stuff.  I use it on my waterline too and it applies effortlessly and evenly and it stays on all day.
I've had this for about a year and I just started using it.
Man, I have missed out on this eyeliner!  I should have used it since I got it but, no, I had to hold on to it for God knows what reason.  If I had used it from day one, I would be out of it by now.  Lately, it's the only eyeliner I want to use.

This eyeliner is black but with little gold shimmers in it that I don't really see when I apply it to my eyes.  I just enjoy the darkness and richness of the black and the creaminess.  It's wonderful.
Maybelline The Falsies Flared
Volum' Express Mascara
I won't go into too much detail about this because I plan on doing a separate blog post on this one with pictures of before and afters.  I love this stuff.  I doesn't leave my eyes looking like the ones in the commercial but I do see a difference.  My lashes are much longer and that's always fine with me!
Essie Nail Lacquer
in Lady Like
.46 fl oz/ 13.5 mL
I have been looking for a pink like this.  It's not full on bubble gum pink at all which is why I think I love it so much.  It's more of a romantic, refined pink.  Definitely, a lady like pink.
Swatches of Lady Like.
As you can see in the picture, it's so glossy.  Just the way I like it.  And with no top coat and two coats of nail polish.  I can see myself wearing this very often.  It's a nice everyday color and it will also look nice with a LBD and it's even work appropriate.
Swatches.
Here I have all the swatches to the Blitz &  Glitz eyeliner.  The dot on the top is the Shimmering Facial Whip out of the tube and below it is the swatch of it blended in.  A little goes a long way.  Underneath that, is the swatch to the Honey Gold lip gloss.
Victoria's Secret Refreshing Body Mist
in Pure Seduction
125 mL/ 4.2 fl oz
And one more thing.  I love how this smells.  I've been using this everyday instead of perfume.  I don't usually use perfume, I use body sprays more.  This one smells of casaba melon, plum, and freesia.  It's perfection.  And, I'm almost out of this one too.  Another monthly empties candidate.  Since it's so hot here in Texas, I enjoy spritzing this all over my body because it definitely refreshes me.  Maybe next time, I'll try a different scent.

Wow, half and hour later and I'm done typing.  Good God.  Well, that's all I have for this month, my dears.  I wonder what the month of December will have in store.

Luv & Luk,
--L.

10 comments:

  1. Love the look of the Avon lipgloss - so pretty :)
    www.celestecohen.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome I have to check out that Avon Cream Im a sucker for anti aging anything asI get closer to 30 myself lol. Great POst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that nail polish, the color is super feminine yet sublte enough for fall! I need to do my Nov Favs, cant believe Nov is basically already over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw a commercial for that lip balm and want to get it.
    That Avon night cream looks so cool I might have to try it out.
    I wasn't a fan of the falsies mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great favorites for November! It's hard for me to find pink lippies that I like on me since I'm tan. Some pinks just look weird on my lips lol. Also, Pure Seduction = amazing! I love it so much sometimes I'll spray it in the air like air freshener just to smell it while I'm at home :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @CelesteCohen, I love this lip gloss. It's been my favorite since the day I got it. I use it all the time. It goes with everything. The color is lovely for everyday and can also be used for a glam night. I'm sad I don't have a back up for it.

    @Cathy, me too! I'm starting to worry now about my skin and getting older. Especially my eyes. They are all wrinkly. Any good eye cream that you recommend?

    @Glitz Glam Budget, yes, feminine is a good word to describe that nail polish. I love it. It's a fall shade of pink! So pretty. I know, I can't believe tomorrow is December 1st. Then 20 days until my birthday!!

    @Wendy, I'm wearing the lip balm right now because it's been cold and windy out and my lips are really chapped. Feels better with it on. The Avon cream is pretty good. I like it. I love how my skin feels after using it. Too bad you didn't like the falsies. It took a while to get used to the flimsy brush but it worked well on me.

    @Joann, I have the same problem with pink lippies. I think I'm too tan to wear pink. I think I look like something out of a bad 80s music video. LOL. And how funny, I use Pure Seduction as air freshener too. I have the candle too but it's almost out. I need another one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely monthly favorite!!!
    I love that scent from VS as well
    That essie nail polish so very pretty =)
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Hunter87, thank you! I love this scent. I just found my actual air freshener of this scent in my car today! I totally forgot I had it. I was sitting in the car waiting for my daughter to get out of school and I started organizing my glovebox and there it was! LOL. Of course, I sprayed it all over the car right then and there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the layout of your blog with interesting posts and products. I'm impressed of your work. Wish you the best of luck and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Skin Care, thank you a million times for the sweet comment. I am glad I read this today. It wasn't the best day, by far, but reading this really made me feel better. Thank you so much. Thank you for taking time to visit my blog and commenting. I really appreciate that :)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥