My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Empties: December 2011/January 2012



Hello, my Pretties!

Just like I skipped December's favorites post, I also missed my December empties post.  So, here is my collective post for my December/January empties.


December 2011 and January 2012 empties.

Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner

Infused with coconut extract and vitamin E, this is used to the last drop because of it's scent.  It's lovely.  I adore coconut scented bath products, candles, anything!  It did do a good job in detangling my hair.  Other than that, it was just meh.  No wow factors.  It claims 2x more moisture on the bottle but I didn't notice.  Probably not a repurchase.

L.A. Looks Mega X-Treme Hold Gel

Since I do wear my hair up a lot, in buns or braids, I need something to slick back my frizzy atmosphere of hair I have going on on my head.  This is a 'sport' edition gel because my sweet-tart picked it out since he uses it too.  It is a bit sticky for my liking but it gets the job done.  This is the sweet-tart's go to gel so I'm sure it will be a repurchase.

Johnson's Baby Lotion

I love the smell of babies!  Who doesn't?  With two young children in the house, I always try to have this on hand.  I use it on my kids and I use it on myself.  I love the smell of it and it leaves my skin nice and soft.  It's clinically proven to be mild so I even use this on my face too before I apply my foundation and face full of makeup.  It doesn't clog my pores and doesn't leave me greasy at all.  Repurchase!

Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream
Sleek & Shine

This is geared towards frizzy, dry or unmanageable hair.  Frizzy?  Check!  Dry?  Check!  Unmanageable?  Ckeck!  I have hair that is all of the above.  I love this leave-in treatment.  It's rich and thick and it smells good too.  It works.  It leaves my hair much more softer and less frizzy.  My hair needs a lot of help and this helps so this is a repurchase too.

Dove Ultimate Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
in Nectarine & White Ginger Scent

I am usually a Secret or Suave anti-perspirant deodorant girl but this one was on sale at the time of purchase and it came with a mini body spray in the matching scent.  I finished the deodorant but still have some of the body spray left.  I loved the scent of this one.  It's smells fruity and clean and like summer.  The feeling of freshness lasts all day.  I do want to try the other scents available in this deodorant.  It worked very well for me.  Repurchase.

Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup
Remover Lotion

I always have this on hand.  I am actually down to my last bottle right now.  I have been using this eye makeup remover for years now and it gets the job done.  But now I want something different.  I've tried Mary Kay, Clinique,and Rimmel eye makeup removers and now this one is no longer my favorite.  I don't think I will repurchase this anytime soon.  I'm still exploring the world of makeup removers and I am having fun trying out new ones!

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Urban Decay Skyscraper Multi-Benefit Mascara
Dior Diorshow Mascara

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion:  This is my first tube of UDPP and I really did like it.  It goes on well.  A little goes a long way.  The lasting power is great.  It took me a long time to finish this.  I usually use my E.L.F. Eyelid Primer which I love to but for the price difference, I will probably stick to my E.L.F.  But if I have the money to spend, UDPP is a must have.

Urban Decay Skyscraper Multi-Benefit Mascara:  I love Urban Decay and I love mascara but this one was not a pure love.  I did like the way this mascara separated my lashes but it seemed too dry for me.  I wanted it to coat my lashes more and make them truly black and stand out.  It didn't.  I would apply another mascara and top off with this one to separate my lashes and that's about it.  Not going to be a repurchase.  ♥This was a gift given to me by a fellow blogger friend.

Dior Diorshow Mascara:  Love it!  This is a love!  It was a rich black, thickened up my lashes greatly, and added length too.  Everything I want in a mascara.  I have two complaints.  1-the scent.  I didn't care for the overly floral scent it had but after applying it, it was undetectable.  2-price.  This is high end mascara.  No wonder it works so well!  And just for the price alone, $24.50 at Sephora, this will not be a repurchase.  Aw.  ♥This was a gift given to my by a fellow blogger friend.

And that's all for now, folks!  Lots of empties these past two months.  Some I plan on repurchasing, others not.  I hope my mini reviews on each item helps you in deciding whether or not you'd like to try any of these products.

Luv & Luk,
--L.

♥♥ All items mentioned in this post were bought by me with my own money unless otherwise stated.  These are my own thoughts and opinions. ♥♥

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that Avon makeup remover! It's so inexpensive yet it works amazingly well and it's gentle gentle on my sensitive eyes. I think Garnier leave-in conditioners are amazing for the price too although I'm currently on the lookout for a cruelty-fre alternative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it works very well...just don't get it in your eyes. LOL. It happens to me all the time and it stings haha. I'll look for a cruelty-free leave in conditioner and if I find one I will let you know. You do the same for me! LOL, :)

      Delete
  2. You finished UDPP? No way!! I've had mine for like 2yrs. Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes I did. I had it forever. The last of it was all dried up. I couldn't spread it on my lids anymore. I think I'll stick to my ELF one for now :)

      Delete
  3. I too like Baby Lotion!
    Great post.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too! I like smelling like a baby. A clean baby!

      Delete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥