My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Saturday, January 7, 2012

PO BOX Talk: From Cathy

Hello, my Pretties!

I am still not able to get new photos onto my computer so I've been scouring my archives looking for pictures that I still need to blog about.  I came across these!  How could I have missed this blog post?  It's such a good one!

I got a package from one of my beauty buddies, Cathy of MY PINKTASTIC LIFE, back in December to help celebrate my Birthday and Christmas!  It was a miracle that I even received the package!

It all started when she contacted me via Twitter to tell me that she had sent me a (surprise) package and that I should have received it by now but that she had sent it to the wrong address.  I was so excited and really surprised that she had sent me a gift that I became panicked when the idea that it was lost forever started to sink in.  She supplied me with a tracking number.  I called up my sweet-tart at work and told him all about it.  He said he would do what he could.

All day I was touched that she thought to send me a gift.  Cathy felt so bad that she had ruined the surprise for me by telling me that she had sent it.  But, she was worried that I never got it.  She thought that my package would have gotten forwarded to my new address.  Poor, sweet, Cathy.  Her heart was in the right place.  And believe me when I say, I was surprised to know that there was a gift out there for me.

At the end of the day when my sweet-tart got out of work, he brought me a batch of Christmas cake balls for my birthday (That's right, the day I received Cathy's package was my actual birthday!  Wednesday, December 21st.) and in his hand, he had Cathy's package!

I actually screamed!  "Oh my God!  You got it!"  It was rather funny.  He said he was on the phone all day with the post office.  They had to track down the package.  Then they called him when the found it.  He picked it up on the way home!  Such a struggle but so well worth it.  You wanna see?

A beautiful card for me.

All my surprise goodies!

Hungarian White Rose Mask

Southern France Apricot Mask

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Anastasia Beverly Hills Clean Brow Gel

Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Naked
2 Tarte lip glosses (1 creme, 1 sparkly)

Urban Decay Loose Pigment in Baked
Urban Decay Loose Pigment in Yeyo
Urban Decay Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

Rimmel London Eyeshadow Quad
City Color Eyeshadow

So, as you can see, it was well worth the wait and the search for it!  I am so happy with my birthday/Christmas goodies.  Thank you so much, Cathy.  You are a best friend come true!  Love you, honey!

Do yourselves a favor and check out Cathy's blog at www.mypinktasticlife.com.  Cathy is also an intern at Sedona Lace so please check out the Sedona Lace website at www.sedonalace.com and click on the BLOG tab to read Cathy's blog posts!

Luv & Luk,
--L.

6 comments:

  1. that's a nice and sweet birthday/christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got great stuff BBB!!!
    Let us know how you like tose lip gloss.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Wendy, yes it is! It was really a surprise. Cathy is such a good friend of mine and she spoils me LOL :)

    @Miss Tapia, this really was very sweet of her. She is such a doll and a kindhearted person :)

    @Hunter87, I love all my new stuff! I did try both Tarte glosses so far. The creme pink is very light, maybe too light for my skin tone but will work as a top gloss. The sparkly pink Tarte gloss is wonderful! :)

    @Jessica, very, very sweet of her. This is the second gift she has given me and I am very blessed to have found such a true and giving friend in her :)

    @Vintage Makeup, OMG, me too! I thought it was lost for good :)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥