My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

LFI: Smoky Eyes

Hello, my Pretties!

I've have been blogging and documenting most of my makeup looks for a little over a year now and I have never been able to successfully create a smoky eye.  That is, until now.  Well, maybe.

Here is a Look for Inspiration that I did attempting to do a smoky eye for the 1,000th time.


I have no idea why a smoky eye is so hard for me to do.  I've tried it so many times and each time it was a fail.  I think this look is the closest I have come to a successful smoky eye.  And it still needs some work!


I have a Lorac eyeshadow/eyeliner pencil that is black and sparkly.  That is what I used on my lid.  I applied it heavily and smudged it out with my finger.  I then applied a bronze shadow in my crease and blended it out as much as I could with an eyeshadow brush.  My brow high light was just a matte flesh tone with added matte white right below the curve of the arch of my brow.

And here is the point where I come to you for tips on how to create a great smoky eye.  What is it that you do?  I would love and appreciate any tips or tricks that you might like to share with me to help a girl out.

Wow, this just might be my shortest post ever!

Luv & Luk,
--L.


14 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous~~, sexy look

    jessy
    threenothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, gorgeous and sexy, huh? Yay me! Haha, thank you so much :) It's not often I get called those things. I like it!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this! It is so flattering on you and you did an amazing job blending it out! LOVE!!
    PS - I'm loving the look on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! That means a lot to me. I'm still working on my blending skills. But it is so much fun practicing! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I think it's smokey and gorgeous! You did an awesome job here! oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Krystal! I'm happy that I have been getting good responses to this post :) Very encouraging!

      Delete
  4. Lol. It looks good though girl! Practice makes perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, practice makes perfect and by golly, one of these days I will get my smoky eyes done perfectly! Haha, thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hey, doll, welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by and thank you for the compliment! I appreciate that :) I hope to see you around some more :)

      Delete
  6. I think you nailed it, that looks amazing! very good, and that little something golden? it is gorgeous, thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Smoky eyes make me so nervous. I think they are beautiful but for me, so hard to do! So your words are very encouraging to me :) I'll take a thumbs up any day!

      Delete
  7. Your smokey eye looks great! It took me awhile to master it, and I still don't think my smokey eye looks that great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you! Aren't smoky eyes the hardest thing to do? Why?? LOL. But they are so sexy and pretty! I will work on mine some more and I hope to one day "perfect" it :)

      Delete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥