My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Tuesday, January 24, 2012

YouTube: Quick Morning Makeup

Hello, my Pretties!

Here is YouTube video #3!  And this one is a tutorial!

I kept this tutorial so simple.  I didn't want to overwhelm myself with a complicated look so a neutral everyday, office appropriate look was what I thought the moment called for.  And also, I can save the fun looks for later!  That way you all think that I have improved a lot!

I recorded this video at my sister's house while I was babysitting my nephew.  It was a spur of the moment thing when I was getting ready to leave my house in the morning.  I grabbed what I thought I needed for a neutral eye tutorial and I put it all in my backpack.  It really wasn't even planned.  That's why I forgot my eyelid primer.  Oops.

Sorry that I didn't zoom into my eyes while I was applying the makeup.  I was recording on my iPhone so there isn't much I can do there.  I was impressed with the outcome of the video.  Not too bad for being filmed on my phone.  FYI, my others were filmed on the same phone too.

Here are a few photos to show you my makeshift set up, products I used, and the final look.

My "set up".

Here is my set up as I was filming.  This is in my sister's dining room on her dining room table.

My "tripod".

And here is my makeshift tripod.  LOL.  Don't laugh!  You have to use what you got!  It's all I could find to bring up the camera to my face level.  A can of Bush's beans holding up a can of Folgers coffee holding up my iPhone which is being help upright by a scented candle in a jar.  LOL.  Hey, it worked!

Products used.

FACE:
Vaseline Replenishing Moisture Fragrance Free Lotion
Avon Healthy Makeup Mousse Foundation in Medium Beige
Avon Anew Age-Transforming Pressed Powder in Tan Beige
Jillian Dempsey for Avon Sheer Glow All Over Face Powder in Sandy Corals

EYES:
E.L.F. Beauty Book in Smoky Eye Edition
Maybelline the Falsies Flared Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Black

LIPS:
Sally Hansen Diamond 12 Hr. Lip Treatment in In Love

Brushes used.

These are my favorite brushes.  I used these everyday.  I don't have a large brush collection by any means.  I have these and a few others and that's it.  I have been asked about my brushes of choice lately so I just might do a separate post on these.  These were a gift to me from my sister and are Kirkland Signature by Borghese.




And in case you didn't see my video tutorial, here it is:


I promise my videos will get better.  The quality isn't great but I do have a Sony camcorder and a brand new Samsung camera that I just need to play around with some more so that I can be comfortable using them.  I'm sure the quality of the video will improve drastically.

For now, I'm sorry for being so rough around the edges.  Bear with me :)

Luv & Luk,
--L.

♥♥ All items mentioned in this post were purchased by me with my own money unless otherwise stated. ♥♥

6 comments:

  1. This is soooooooooooo pretty! I loved seeing your quick makeup. :) It's really helpful as I'm sure we can all use something quick in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is usually what my makeup looks like when I'm rushed in the morning. It is so much easier to do a neutral eye than a colorful or smoky eye. It's less noticeable if you make a mistake! LOL :)

      Delete
  2. Just use what you have available. That's great thinking & it will definitely get you far. I've seen the quality of iPhones in good lighting. They're as good as a good camera so no worries about that :)

    I think your videos are fun to watch. You're so down to earth. The only thing I would give as a tip. I try and try to get that right myself, is the lighting :) .. Try sitting next to an open window. It helps lots!

    Keep doing what you're doing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course later on I hope to have a nice set up with a pretty back ground and a tripod! LOL but for now, this will have to do. And it's working just fine for me. Thanks for the tip on the lighting. I did try that but it's been so cloudy out that everything would just look blue. I should have tried a lamp by the open window. I don't know if that would've worked either. LOL. Trial and error :)

      Delete
  3. I really enjoy your video!!!
    Keep it up BBB!
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, BBB! Later on I'll try and get my camcorder and use that instead so that I can zoom in so that you all can see what I'm doing! LOL. It might take me a while but I'll get there :)

      Delete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥