My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Tuesday, June 28, 2011

FOTD: Red and Blue Make Purple

"Red and yellow make orange. Blue and yellow make green. Red and blue make purple. I think you know what I mean." LOL. Barney. My daughter sings this song all the time. I think that's how it goes...

Anyhow, this song was the inspiration for Sunday's FOTD. I decided to use my E.L.F. 100 Palette because I hadn't used it much since I got it.

I did two different eye looks on Sunday. This is the first one. I did this look in the morning to go have breakfast with my family over at our mom's house. I had a party later on in the day and that's why I did my makeup over again.

Today's Face Ingredients.
FACE:
Avon Smooth Minerals Liquid Foundation in Medium Beige
Avon Anew Age-Transforming Pressed Powder in Tan Beige
Avon Smoldering Pastels Blush Duo in Mauve Fantasy

EYES:
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
E.L.F. 100 Eyeshadow Palette
E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Laura Mercier Thickening and Building Mascara in Black

LIPS:
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in 159 Smokey Look
E.L.F. 100 Eyeshadow Palette
SHADOWS USED:
4th column, 3rd shadow (turquoise): first half of lid
4th column, 8th shadow (bright blue): second half of lid
4th column, 10th shadow (navy blue): outer "V"
6th column, 9th shadow (purple): crease
7th column, 10th shadow (red): above crease
10th column, 1st shadow (matte white): brow highlight



Turquoise and purple shadow along lower lash line.

Red shadow blended out to a pinker shade.

NYX Mega Lip Shine Lip Gloss
Smokey Look
I first applied the blue shades to my lids then added the red. As I blended in the red, it mixed with the blue to make a purple shade. I added the purple eyeshadow just to define the purple a little bit more.

I like how the final look came out. The colors seemed to blend in very well together. While the red was not an "in your face" red, I still enjoyed the look. Maybe next time I'll try and do a look using a full on red. Interesting...

Luv & Luk,
--L.

♥♥ All products mentioned in this post were bought by me with my own money. ♥♥

9 comments:

  1. Another lovely look! This one doesn't disappoint either. You did a great job, and you look stunning as usual! lol That's funny about the Barney song :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great look! i like how the you blended the red to look almost a pinky color.
    maybe try the red for a 4th of july look?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Huda Kaake, thank you, friend! Yeah, she is always singing that song. I should have asked her if those were the correct words. LOL.

    @Wendy, thank you! A 4th of July look would be a challenge! I think I might try it! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I love this, you did an awesome job chica. This has got to be one of my favorite looks from you, I just love how it illuminates your eyes. Very gorgeous! Haha, and I love how you incorporated the Barney song lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @frugalspender19, LOL, it's amazing that I don't do more posts on Barney influenced makeup. Barney is always playing in the background. Sheesh! But I'm glad you liked this one. Not a bad look for ELF shadows :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Miranda, HI! Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the nice compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so pretty! You make me want to bust out my ELF 100 palette now so I can play around with it. Haha.

    www.dgsbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @D.Sadie, LOL, thanks. I'm thinking I want to play with it tomorrow some more and see what comes up :)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥