My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pink Wednesday: June 22, 2011

I've seen these posts done every Wednesday and I thought, what the heck, I'll join in on the fun. It's PINK WEDNESDAY, my Pretties!

What I understand Pink Wednesdays to be is that beauty bloggers everywhere sport pink manis on Wednesdays. The idea comes from The Plastics in the movie Mean Girls. (Correct me if I'm wrong, please.)  What a cute idea!

So, this is my first stab at this and I grabbed the pinkest pink nail polish I could find in my stash. This is actually the first time I wear this nail polish.

Enjoy!
Wet 'n Wild
Wild Shine Nail Color
402 Tickled Pink

Two coats of Tickled Pink.
The color is very cute. Very cotton candy pink to me. The application was nothing to be excited about. The first application was so streaky and pretty sheer. It was very uneven and blotchy.

I added a second coat which corrected the problem almost completely. There are still a few visible streaks and little holes left behind but it's not horrible. A third application would even it all out for sure. But, to me, a third application is a little much.

The formula dried rather quickly, I feel. The final outcome is very glossy which I love.

I did my nails last night and I've been cleaning all day and my index finger on my left hand has already chipped. A pretty big one too. Oh well.

Sorry for the dark pictures. We had a thunderstorm today, can you believe it? Yes, here in the deep down south of Texas where we are in a severe drought and it hasn't rained a drop since January! Crazy. I tried to take pics using natural light like I always do but it was so dark outside all day. But I enjoyed every minute of it. Much needed rain!

Well, that's all for now. I hope I can continue with the Pink Wednesday themed posts. But you know I don't do well with this sort of thing. I usually miss the designated day since I blog when I have time.

I thank you for joining me!

Luv & Luk,
--L.

♥♥ The item mention in this post was bought by me with my own money. ♥♥

10 comments:

  1. I have this nail polish and I love the shade, but it chips so quickly that you have to use a good top coat in order for it not too. It looks amazing on your nails. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @frugalspender19, LOL, yeah another one just chipped! I don't have a top coat. I guess I should invest in one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty color! Have you tried sinful colors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Miss Tapia, yeah I have but ages ago! LOL. And it was such a pretty hot pink color, real bold it was beautiful. I saw them at Walgreen's a couple of weeks ago but I didn't get a single one. I was overwhelmed by all the choices! Have you tried Sinful Colors? If you have, which ones to you recommend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this shade of pink! i would like to try it! kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Stefania, this shade of pink is cute. Very young and fresh to me. I think the price is usually 99 cents at drugstores. It's very cheap. You should try it :) XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Where the Heck have I been this is ALl me I am sooo Doing this now on Wednesdays have to do a post !

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Cathy, yay! Do it!! Go to http://onwednesdayswewearpink.com to read about it and submit your blog so they can include you in their blog roll for next week. Grab the Mean Girls button to put on your blog too! I can't wait to see which pink you pick out first since you have so many!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a pretty color, reminds me of my Avon Nail Polish in cotton candy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Amber, oh yeah, I remember seeing that polish in the Avon brochures but I never did buy it. A majority of my nail polishes are Avon :)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥