My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Swatches: E.L.F. 100 Eyeshadow Palette

Since I got so many different things in my last E.L.F. haul, I thought that it would be better to divide my purchases into categories to make the whole process of viewing swatches a little more organized.

First, I showcased the E.L.F. Lipsticks which you can see HERE.

Second thing I want to show you is the item I was most excited to get. The 100 Eyeshadow Palette. 100 eyeshadows!!

So many different colors to choose from. They all looked so lovely. I didn't have any specific shadows to swatch. I just picked the ones that grabbed my attention first.

E.L.F. 100 Eyeshadow Palette
Net wt. 3.7 oz/110g
$10.00

Look at all these pretty colors!
I chose these 8 to swatch because I thought they were the prettiest.

Swatches with flash.

Swatches without flash.
 6 & 8 are amazing! Loving that teal and red shades. But oh my, that 4 really disappointed. I love purple shadows and that one could barely be seen on my forearm. Swatches were done on my bare forearm, no primer, no foundation, and no concealer.

I did this look today using the 100 palette. I used one of the off white shades as a brow highlight. On my lid, I applied a light purple shade and topped it off with a slightly pinker purple shade. In my crease, I used a shimmery silver and the glittery black in my outer "v". You can see that I lined my lower lash line with the vibrant blue shade. I am wearing the E.L.F. Eyelid Primer in this look.

Over all, I did like the colors that I have swatched so far. Some are not as pigmented as others. Really disappointing but they are useable. There are still so many other eyeshadows in this palette that I have yet to even try out. I'm loving it. For the $10.00 I paid for it, it's a steal!

So finally, I had a look to show you, Pretties. I know it's been a while since I've posted any look at all. I should be posting more looks in the future since I am on a buying ban. Let me just finish sharing with you the latest stuff I have gotten. I started my no buy a couple of weeks ago but I still have a couple of things I'm waiting for in the mail.

Until next time!

Luv & Luk,
--L.

♥♥ Products in this post were purchased by me with my own money. ♥♥

12 comments:

  1. love the make up~~~the colour pay off seem to be really good


    jessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the $10 is worth it, even if some colors aren't as pigmented. Great steal for sure! And omg, I love 6, 7, and 8!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eye makeup looks very pretty! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great deal for $10 I think with most palettes you will have some hits and misses. I agree with you 6 and 8 wow how pretty!!! I like your look you created super pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jessy, yes for the most part, the color payoff is really good. I love how easily they blend which I forgot to mention in the post. But they do, they blend so easily and perfect.

    @Joann, I am very happy with this palette. Hey, maybe I should do a look using 6, 7, and 8! That would be woah! LOL.

    @Miranda, thank you. I did keep it a little low key. I usually like bold colors but I'm starting to wear my eye makeup a bit more toned down. Still colorful, just more wearable :)

    @Amber, hey 100 eyeshadows for $10.00, that's 10 cents per shadow! Great deal. Even if there are misses, it's only 10 cents, right? LOL. And thank you, I was pleased with this look :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm new to your blog and I'm already loving it! Do you find that these shadows need a little warming up before they are good to go? I always feel that way with my e.l.f. beauty books- like I need to circle the brush around and around to loosen the colors up a little. Anyhow, great post and I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool! I have the same palette, some of the colors are really crappy, and not pigmented though, but there are some nice ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm sure with primer or a creme color base the colors might pop more ... great palette though for $10 bucks, thats a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look. I really like Elf. And I love that you loved the post I made about myself. Cool to know others who have the same dreams as I do:) and who knows about Jem!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, thanks so much for taking the time to do the swatches. Number 6 is my absolute favorite, but all of them are pretty and nicely pigmented :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love purple and blue eye shadows a lot. Too bad the purple didn't show up. I was also kinda planning to invest in this Elf palette.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Lash Girl, aw, thanks for stopping by my blog in the first place. I'm glad you're liking it :) As for the eyeshadows, I agree with you. I also have some Beauty Books and on a lot of the shadows, I also have to swirl my brush around in there to get it going. Some though, are super pigmented and a touch of my brush is all I need. But they aren't that expensive so I don't mind LOL. I do hope to see you around here more :)

    @Vintage Makeup, I agree! I was super disappointed in some. Some of the ones I though were so pretty, didn't even show up. Tragic. LOL. But the ones that do show up, I think make up for the ones that don't. Right? :)

    @Ev, yes, I ordered the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk because I've never tried it and apparently everyone else has and I am missing out big time! I hope this will help :)

    @makeupbyjem, thank you! I also love E.L.F. I have a lot of it! And yes, you did a great job on your post. Loved it! I do plan on doing one too but I'm so far behind on my blogging, lets see when I get around to it. I LOVE GEM! I was watching episodes on YouTube a while back. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to watch some more today :)

    @Huda Kaake, oh yes, #6 is so pretty. I have yet to try it out on my eyes though. I should do a look with it soon. Thanks for appreciating the swatches. I would have loved to do them all but that would have taken so much time! 100 swatches! LOL, maybe some day :)

    @Shang J., I love purple shadows and I love blues in the pan but they never look nice on me. LOL. Even though some of the colors were fails, I do think that it is a palette worth buying. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥