My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Saturday, April 23, 2011

Haul: Wal-Mart NYC & Wet n Wild Lippies

On Sunday, April 17, I went to Wal-Mart with my sweets. He was looking for a pellet gun or something like that for his nephew. As you probably can tell, I'm not an "outdoors" kind of gal so, I let him browse around sporting goods while I took a trip to the cosmetics department.

I was looking at the Hard Candy line because I've been dying to try it but not sure what to get. Any recommendations? So, I didn't get any Hard Candy but I did see that the NYC lippies were $0.93! Cool. I never buy lipsticks. I'm an eyeshadow person. I decided I needed to start adding lipsticks to my collection.

I picked up 4 NYC Ultra Moisture Lip Wear lippies and then I saw that Wet n Wild also had their lippies for $0.93! Yay!

I looked at the WnW lippies colors that were available and I saw that the selection was so bare. There were only about 4 different shades to choose from. All the other slots were empty. So, of the four that were left, two I had, the other I didn't like so I ended up with one Wet n Wild lipstick.

Here are the shades I picked out:

NYC Ultra Moisture Lip Wear Lipsticks
Net Wt 0.11 oz (3.4 g)
$0.93
Wet n Wild Lipstick
Net Wt 0.13 oz (3.6 g)
$0.93

Left to Right:
301 Cafe (NYC)
309 Sheer Red (NYC)
316 Blossom (NYC)
319 Violet Shine (NYC)
529B Copper Dust (WnW)

Swatches without flash.
Top to Bottom:
Cafe, Sheer Red, Blossom, Violet Shine, & Copper Dust

Swatches with flash.
Top to Bottom:
Cafe, Sheer Red, Blossom, Violet Shine, & Copper Dust

5 x .93 = $4.65. For lippies? Woo hoo! Even after adding the tax, this was a pretty good deal.

I have used Cafe, Blossom, and Violet Shine. Cafe is really pretty but looks very light on my darker skin tone. Blossom is probably the pinkest lip color I have. It's almost too Barbie pink but it didn't look horrible on me. I did add a touch of a nude gloss on top to tone down the pink. And I really did like Violet Shine. It's pink but much more subtle than Blossom.

Of all the shades that I picked up, Sheer Red is the only lippie that is creamy with no shimmer. All the other lipsticks contained shimmer in them.

All the lipsticks applied smoothly and easily. No tugging, they are very creamy. Although the Cafe one is very soft. The lipstick itself is a bit wobbly in the tube. It has indentations on the sides where it has touched the rim of the tube during application.

But for 5 lippies under $5, I will not complain. I like them. I went out of my comfort zone on some of these shades but for $0.93, I had to! If these lippies were say, $5 a piece, I would have only picked up Cafe because that is a color that I am used to and feel comfortable in. No better time to evolve and expand my tastes than when I find something cheap!

Wishing all My Pretties a perfect day!

Luv & Luk,
--L.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Miss Tapia. I'm trying to be a little more bold and wear some more colors that aren't my usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you chose! Are these lippies more on the sheer side (I've got really pigmented lips)? I especially like Sheer Red and Copper Dust from your swatches xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Joann! I do believe these lippies are a little on the sheer side. But they are buildable! I think the swatches were of 2 swipes over my arm. My lips are pigmented too. Like, I love pink glosses but on my lips, I just see my color lips but shiny! LOL. To he honest, Sheer Red and Copper Dust were my fave too :)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥