My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Avon Makeup Maven 30 Day Challenge for June: Day 5

Hello, my Pretties!

Time to play some catch up on my 30 Day Challenge!

Today I bring you Day 5 which showcases Avon's Super Shock Eye Liner in Velvet Plum.


Avon Super Shock Eye Liner in Velvet Plum
Product #: 341-330
Product Size: .141 oz. net wt.
Brochure Price: $7.00

There were four original shades released last year and I bought them all.  Velvet Plum, along with the only other shade I need, Shimmering Sapphire, are the latest shades to be introduced into the Super Shock Eye Liner line.

These are gel liners.  They are incredibly creamy and apply smoothly.  But...

But, for me, the color payoff is not what I would like it to be.  I swatched the gel liner above with a brush which gave me great pigmentation and then I swatched it using my finger.  In one photo, I used the gel liner as an actual eye liner over a taupe eyeshadow.  For me, the purple did not stand out as much as it did in the swatch.  In the other photo, I used the gel liner as an eyeshadow and applied it using my finger.  It provided me with a generous wash of purple.

To be completely honest, I did not appreciate these as actual liners all that much.  But...

But, as a cream eyeshadow or an eyeshadow base, these gel liners are awesome!

If I wear these as a cream shadow, all I do is apply an eye primer (I used Avon's Eyeshadow Primer in Warm Beige here.) and the gel liner will stay on as an eyeshadow all day!  No creasing.  No fading.  It's remarkable.  I love them as eyeshadows.  Of course when you blend it in using your finger, you lose more pigmentation but the wash of color is more than enough to create beautiful eyes.

These are very creamy, I warn you, so the more you blend them in or keep going over it with an eyeliner brush, you lose some product and pigmentation.  I suggest that if you want to build up the color, you apply then wait for it to set and then apply some more.  Applying layer after layer before it sets can cause your finger or brush to pick up product instead.

So, if you would like to purchase one of these from me, visit my Avon eStore at www.youravon.com/lmartinez2920 or click HERE to go directly to the Avon Super Shock Eye Liner page.

Stay tuned for Day 6!

♥♥I am an Avon Independent Sales Representative.  Products mentioned in this post were purchased by me with my own money.  Thoughts expressed in this post are honest and my own.♥♥

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm also disappointed with the color payoff when looking at your pictures. I really had high hopes for this liner :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlie, I was so bummed when I swatched these. I really wanted to love them. LOVE THEM! I love cream and gel liners but these lack pigmentation. But I won't let them go to waste. They do function well as an eyeshadow base.

      Delete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥