My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Sunday, November 20, 2011

PO BOX Talk

Hello, my Pretties!

I have a little box of goodies to share with you today. This came to me about three weeks ago and I am just sharing it with you today. Whoops!

I met Julie on Twitter and one day she was asking Tweeties what they did with nail polish they didn't want anymore. I asked her if she had ever tried Frankens. A conversation ensued when she asked me what Frankens were.

From there on we tweeted for a while and at the end, she said she was going to just give them away. Then she asked me if I wanted them since I had mentioned I was trying to grow my nail polish collection earlier. Of course, I said yes. I'm not a fool!

I was in disbelief. First of all, who doesn't want nail polish? And second of all, what kind of a person would just give me something the first time I chatted with them? A really sweet, giving person, that's who.

So, I waited anxiously for my gift. I didn't know what colors she had put in. It was like a pregnant woman waiting to find out if she was having a boy or a girl.

And then they arrived!
Hello, my pretties!

My very first Essie nail polishes!

Essie Nail Lacquer in 475 Castaway

Essie Nail Lacquer in 655 Big Spender

O•P•I Nail Lacquer in Got A Date To-Knight

Sally Hansen HD Hi-Definition
Nail Color in 01 Cyber

Swatches with flash.

Swatches without flash.

(I don't know why it posted this way. UGH!)
Sorry for the sideways photo. In the preview, it's correct. I post it, and it's like this. Oy vey! Second time this happens to me.

Well, anyhow, she did send me a sweet little note to go along with my new nail polishes. It says:
"Lisa,
Here are the nail polishes I said I'd send. I added in 2 extra! I hope you enjoy and appreciate them more than I did! Good luck on your collection!!!
-Julie"
So, so sweet. 

And yes, Miss Julie, I am in love with my latest addition. I can't believe that you parted with them. I love them all but my favorite are Got A Date To-Knight and Big Spender. Thank you so much, again. I am truly grateful and humbled that there are still sweet people out there. And I will always remember that you gave me my very first Essie nail polishes!

So, my Pretties, stop by Julie's blog at MyBeautyRate and you will fall in love with her blog :)

Luv & Luk,
--L.

♥♥ All items mentioned in this post were given to me as a gift from MyBeautyRate. I did not have to blog about this or mention her blog in my post. There were no requirements for accepting this gift. I did this post out of my own free will. These are my own thoughts and opinions. ♥♥

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty colors! <3 I'm secretly growing my polish collection... just don't tell BF hahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Those 2 Essies Nail colors are way to pretty!!
    Have u seen there new holiday collection for Essie?
    You arepne very lucky girl to get free stuff =)
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Krystal Caracol, LOL, OK, your secret is safe with me! ;) My BF is OK with it now. He's knows I'll still collect behind his back so he's learned to accept it, embrace it even :)

    @Hunter87, OMG, I know, I'm so lucky! She could've thrown them away for given them to someone else. I'm very grateful :) I love Essie now but I have yet to see the new holiday collection. I'm going to look for it!

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥