My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Thursday, November 10, 2011

EOTD: Grassy Knoll

Hello, my Pretties!

Finally, at last we are here at the end of my L.A. Colors 3 Color Eyeshadow trios series. Yay! And last on my list is Grassy Knoll and you know why. It's green! I cannot pull off green for the life of me.

I did this look this morning and took photos but was so disappointed in the way the photos looked. I don't know what it was. I didn't want to post that up on my blog so I went ahead and redid the look.

I had a light lip before, I vamped it up. I went easy on the liner before, I added some to my waterline. Granted, I'm battling a cold right now that started this morning and quickly progressed into full on grossness. My eyes have been red and watery all day. Sheesh.

I promised all my tweeties that I would really try and have this final look up tonight. So, I will do my best while I sneeze my head off and sip on hot water with lemon and honey. Woo hoo...

L.A. Colors 3 Color Eyeshadow
in BES507 Grassy Knoll

Swatches

1st green shade on inner half of lid.
2nd green shade on outer half of lid.
3rd green shade on lower lash line.

E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner on upper lash line.
M•A•C Fluidline on water line.
L.A. Colors Mineral Eyeshadow on brow bone.

L'Oreal HIP Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss
in 748 Enchanting.

Full face shot.

Ingredients.
FACE:
Avon Care Moisture Replenish Daily Hydrating Cream with SPF 15
Avon Magix Face Perfector with SPF 20
Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation in T105 Sand Beige
Avon Marimekko for Avon All-Over Face Palette in Poppy Bouquet

EYES:
Avon Healthy Makeup Concealer in H101 Light Neutral
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
L.A. Colors 3 Color Eyeshadow in BES507 Grassy Knoll
L.A. Colors Mineral Eyeshadow in BME488 White
E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner in Black
M•A•C Fluidline in Blitz & Glitz
Maybelline The Falsies Flared Volume Express Mascara

LIPS:
L'Oreal HIP Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in 748 Enchanting

By now you all know that I don't work well with green eyeshadows. I don't know what it is but I never think they look good on me. That is why I waited till the end to use these. I was hesitant because I knew I probably wouldn't like it. But, I'm the kind of girl that I see a makeup item in more than one color and I want them all. Just to have! Crazy, I know.

But in all honesty, I actually liked the way this turned out. I can't believe I'm saying that about green eyeshadow but I mean it. I think it actually looks nice. I think it was the revamping I did that saved this green eyed monster.

OK, my dollies, I'm out for the day. I'm sick as a dog (whatever that means) and I really do not feel well at all. I plan on curling up in bed with all my binkies (my blankets) and relaxing with some TV while I wait for the sweet-tart to get home from work. At least that's the plan. The baby is still up. Hmph.

Oh, and in case you want to know, here are the links to the other three L.A. Color 3 Color Eyeshadow looks:
Moon Rock
Southern Belle
Shooting Star

Luv & Luk,
--L.

♥♥ All the products that were mentioned in this post were bought by me with my own money. These are my own thoughts and my own opinions. ♥♥

8 comments:

  1. Oh lovely!! Girl you lie! Green loves you! haha <3 Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a hard time accepting green shadows on my face, but you pulled this off nicely. Very purdy! So funny you call your blankets "Binkies", I call mine "squishies" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is very pretty.
    also like your lip color.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa!!! You look awesome in greens... it goes so well with your tan skin. You pull it off very well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green is my fave on you!! You look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's really nice to see how you capture those things you want to explain. Great efforts on your articles and contents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dinorah♥, "Girl you lie!" Made me LOL. Haha, thank you. I never look good in green. These sure did surprise me. :)

    @Lilybeans, yay! I'm glad you do. I'm iffy about greens and this was no exception but I think it turned out nice. :)

    @Joann, LOL, squishies! That's so cute! I tend to stay away from greens too but I keep going back to them hoping they'll look good. I'm not crazy about them but these greens look OK, haha. :)

    @Hunter87, thank you! I like this lip color too but I never wear it. It's very thick and not at all creamy or smooth!! It probably wasn't a good choice to wear since you can see my lips peeling underneath. LOL. Gross! Sorry about that, haha. :)

    @Amber, thanks so much. I thought my tan skin is what made greens look weird on me! LOL. I always wish I was much more fair skinned because I think lighter complected girls can pull of way more colors, haha. I'm so glad to see all these really nice comments. :)

    @Vintage Makeup, really? You like green on me best! Wow! Thank you. I appreciate the encouragement so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥