My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Collection: NYC Lipsticks

Back in April, I did a mini haul post of some lipsticks that I bought at Wal-Mart. I purchased 4 NYC lippies and 1 Wet n Wild lippie. And the best thing was that these lipsticks were only $0.93 each!

The original blog entry was posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 and you can check it out HERE. Originally, I had just posted pics of the lipsticks and swatches on my forearm.

But today, to show off my complete collection of NYC lipsticks, which consists of just these 4 lipsticks I purchased at the same time, I am going to show you the swatches on my lips. It's just funner this way.

NYC Ultra Moisture Lip Wear Lipsticks
Net wt 0.11 oz (3.4g)
$0.93
Left to Right:
301 Cafe, 309 Sheer Red, 316 Blossom & 319 Violet Shine

301 Cafe
Cafe is really pretty. It's a very wearable, neutral shade. It is shimmery, though. There are tiny gold reflects all through out this lipstick. I think this would go very well with a smoky eye. It's understated.
309 Sheer Red
Ah, one of my favorites! And I'm not a red lipstick wearer. I did apply this lipstick heavily but you can get a very sexy sheer red, hence the name, out of this one. It's a classic red, perfect for a pin up look. It's creamy and sans shimmer. I love this one. I love it applied lightly too which gives me that sheer look.
316 Blossom
Blossom is hot. It's such a hot pink! This lipstick is so cool because it has purple reflects that sparkle! It's so girly and Barbie like to me.
319 Violet Shine
I would name Violet Shine as my other favorite. It's a more wearable pink than Blossom. It's on the creamy side too. Not too much shimmer here but it does have some. I am new to wearing pink lipstick so I think this one is a good start for me. It's not bold and it's not pale, you can definitely tell you are wearing pink. So pretty.

OK, dollies, this is something new that I thought of doing. Showing you some of my little collections one collection at a time. Did you all like this one?

I have several other small collections I would like to share with you all so if you are interested, let me know!

Luv & Luk,
--L.

9 comments:

  1. that sounds like a good idea, i want to see the collections :D i'm surprised, i like cafe the most! usually not gaga over neutral type shades, but it's very pretty


    Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that red color Im looking for that perfect red Im going to give that color a try thankyou for sharing doll!
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very pretty on you! I like Violet Shine and Blossom <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. @socialitedreams, thanks! I'll look through all my stuff and see what other little collection I can showcase next. Thanks for your interest!

    @Hunter87, yes, I recommend this red! Try it, I think you will like it. I have used this red sheered out and it's so pretty. I just apply less. Either lightly or heavily applied, this is a fantastic red.

    @Miss Tapia, it is, huh! I like it a lot. I think it is very wearable and would look good on all of us. Good one to have in the collection.

    @KawaiiBarbie, thank you! I love Violet Shine and I can see you totally rocking Blossom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Priscilla, LOL, I love you. Only you have told me that I have nice lips. You're the best! And thank you, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all the colors are gorgeous! I think Violet Shine is my favorite =)

    http://makeupmajesty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. #309 Sheer Red is beautiful TY for sharing- i love red lipstick xOXo

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Makeup Majesty, yes, I think I will have to agree with you on that one! Violet Shine is really great :)

    @Chelly, I bet Sheer Red would look fab on you. You have amazing lips, girl!

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥