My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Saturday, March 2, 2013

M.I.A. Update: Remember Me?

Hello, my Pretties!

Who ever coined the phrase "time flies" was not kidding.  It sure does!  I feel like the last blog post I did was in January where I raved on and on about how this year my blog was going to better than ever.  Here we are in March, MARCH!, and I have but a handful of random posts under my glittered belt.

I've seen so many, far too many, apologies on Facebook, Twitter, etc. from bloggers and YouTubers who have been out of the "spotlight" for a while.  They always have an explanation for their absence.  They've been sick, tired, sick and tired.  They've been busy with school, work, family, home.  And every single time I read those status updates, blog posts, or view the videos, I always wonder, "Do they HAVE TO explain why they've been gone?"

What do you guys think?

Do you feel that you are "owed" an explanation because you are a supportive fan? Or, are you more along the lines of, "Whatever."  Haha.

I'm just asking.

I have been Missing In Action a lot lately and I think about you guys a lot.  It's not that I don't want to blog anymore, it's just that lately, my blog has just become "another thing on my to-do list" and once it starts to feel more like a job than a hobby, it has the potential to go down the toilet from there.

I love makeup!  I love writing!  I love writing about makeup!  So naturally, a blog was the perfect choice as a hobby for me.  But lately, it takes too much energy to get a blog post up.  So, without really meaning to, I kind of took a break from it all.  I thought some time away would give me a chance to find my balance and passion again.

I can't promise that I will have a post up everyday or every other day or heck, even once a week.  But please know that I love my blog and I will keep it a part of me, my life, for as long as I can.

I hate writing these kinds of posts because I'm not sure if you're interested in reading why I've been absent but at the same time, there might be some of you who are regulars on my blog that have wondered why the lack of posts lately.  I've decided to write this for those few of you who are curious.

And just to spare you the mundane details, I just want to say, I'm fine!  Everything is great!  I have just been very busy with everyday things at home and with my family.  Thank God, that we have not suffered any tragedies here.  That's not why I have been gone.  I've just been trying to focus on other things that I enjoy and I can't seem to find a balance between work and the sweet-tart, our children and me time.  I've been trying to read more which has always been my #1 passion.  I've been trying to pursue my dream of writing fiction.  My dream since I was 14 was to be a writer.  So much to do, so so very little time.

But rest assured that I am well, my family is well and I have nothing to complain about.  I just want more time to do all the things that I love and am passionate about.  Haha.

I have a few upcoming posts for you soon.  I have some older posts that I never did publish for you all but I will get around to them.

And even with my lack of posts and communication with you, I still have my followers which means the world to me.  I'm glad that you all have stood by me and wait for me to post up something new.  You guys are fabulous!

So much for not wanting to post "MIA updates" because I felt them to be unnecessary.  Haha.  I just wanted you all to know that I think about you guys all the time.  I do miss you!  I miss blogging but I'm making my way back into it again and back into the social networking sites too.

I'll be around.  I promise.


5 comments:

  1. Ive always had the mentality "Don't blog if you don't want to blog" because when you think you HAVE to blog, then you don't WANT to blog. Personally I dont feel anyone owes anyone an explanation as to why they've been gone, unless they want to disclose it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, Kristen. I don't think bloggers or YouTubers owe us explanations. I just see so so many on my social networking feeds that I was starting to wonder if it was the proper thing to do. But I think by now, my readers know that I come and go. Haha. I blog when I want to and when time permits. If not, then no post goes up.

      Delete
  2. I was wondering what happened to you! Glad to hear you're alright. I hear you on being too busy and having too little time; sometimes my blog feels like a chore too and those are the days I pull something out of the draft vault and call it a day, because I think a lack of passion shows in the writing.

    Good for you for spending more time reading and writing! Two of my fave hobbies also :)

    I'm split on MIA explanations...it's nice to know what's up but sometimes I'm like "meh". :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I know what you mean. I don't really care for MIA explanations. But since I see everyone doing it, I thought maybe it was proper blogging etiquette. Haha. For a while, my entire world was about blogging. Blogging everyday! But now, I have been treating it more as a hobby and something I do once in a while. It's not that my blog has become less important, it's just that there are other important things in my life that I want to partake in as well. Ya know?? LOL :)

      Delete
  3. Hi girly, glad to see everything is ok with you and your family! I completely understand taking a break here and there from blogging, because let's be honest for most of us blogging is a hobby and not a full time paid job so life comes 1st! I am sort of split on the MIA explanation part, when I first started blogging I didn't think it was necessary to offer an explanation, but since I've been blogging for over a year now and have a steady following and I do post everyday, that I feel like if I were gone for a certain amount of weeks to months I owe it to the people who visit my blog daily some sort of a "status" not an apology or an explanation. Especially since I've connected with a lot of bloggers on a personal level, friendship level, that I would want them to know that all is well. Ultimately it is your blog and you should do what you want to do, if you feel like you don't need to offer an explanation update then that is perfectly fine =)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥