My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Friday, July 15, 2011

Don't You Forget About Me

HELLO, MY PRETTIES!!

Oh, how I've missed you so!

Gosh, it's been so long since I last blogged or even read anyone's blogs. I'm so sorry. But, sincerely, I have missed you all. So much has been going on this past couple of weeks. Let me tell you!

The reason I hadn't been blogging was because we are in the middle of moving. For those of you who follow me on Twitter, yes we are still moving!

I had been on a blogging roll and was starting to feel so connected to you all when my living situation changed and I no longer had time to blog at all. I spent all my days boxing up dishes and toys and taking furniture to our storage unit.

We made the decision to leave our two story, two bedroom, two bathroom townhouse to move into my sweet-tart's grandmother's house. We finally decided that we were ready to stop renting and buy a house. But, saving money for a down payment is hard when all of your money goes to paying where you live at now. So, since GG (we call her GG because she is our daughters' Great Grandmother) lives alone, she allowed us to move in with her. We decided that we would help her with bills and groceries and housework while we lived there. While we still have to pay, we will be paying a lot less and therefore, will be able to put money away in our piggy bank for a house down payment. And in turn, we have been helping GG fix up her home and yard--we help her do the work that was always hard for her to do on her own.

We hope that in the end, it will be a win-win situation.

So, now that I am not living at my old "home" anymore, I have been busier here. GG has a big yard that the girls love to play in, cats to chase, a pool to swim in...they are having a blast. I have helped her reorganize her kitchen and closets, trim the trees, paint some walls and it's actually been fun. This is all things we were never been able to do renting a townhouse which is all the reason more why we want our own house now.

I haven't had time to blog or read your posts but once I get fully settled in, I hope to resume where I left off. We still have a ton of things at our old place. My sweet-tart works a lot so by the time he gets out of work, he doesn't feel like packing and moving more stuff. But, he is going on a one week vacation starting Sunday so we plan on being 100% out of the townhouse during that week. We have until August 1st to be out so we've been taking our time.

Can you believe that I don't even have my makeup over here yet (or my camera)? My makeup is still at the old place! I miss it so so very much. Maybe when I can haul it all over here, I might do a collection post or something since it will all be out as I try to find space for it in our new room. That is going to be a challenge!

Well, my beauties, that is all I have to say for now. I just wanted to let you all know that I am alive and well and that I honestly miss you all very much. I have never felt so disconnected before. My blog, Twitter, Facebook, has never been more neglected before. But I will come back as soon as I can. I love blogging and I always want it to be a part of my life.

I just ask for some more time to get comfortably and fully settled in. I have been spending a lot of time with my girls and GG and that is a good thing. I don't want to enclose myself in my bedroom and spend a ton of time taking pictures, and swatching, and blogging because GG probably wouldn't understand. I don't think she even knows what a blog is! Maybe one day I will show her what I have been up too. I am very proud of my blog and all the wonderful comments you Pretties have left me. Maybe she will like it too!

Just please, don't forget about me.

I love you...I miss you...

--L.

12 comments:

  1. awww best of luck on getting everything moved, moving sucks! but i'm sure it will all be worth it in the end! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well don't worry~~~the readers will understand~~~can't wait for you to get back at blogging again


    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for taking the time to update us, doll! I hope everything has been going well with you move. I know it's such a hard and stressful time when it comes to moving, so I completely understand! Good luck with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ev, thank you. Moving does suck! I am dreading the week we have ahead of us. But like you, said, it will all be worth it in the end. It better be! LOL.

    @Jessy, thank you. I feel better reading your comment :)

    @Huda Kaake, thank you, sweetie. It really has been hard and stressful but I've been taking it one day at a time. I can't wait to be finally settled in so that my life can start to get back to "normal".

    @Vintage Makeup, thank you so much! I'm happy to see the response I got from this post and the support you ladies are providing. Really, you all make me feel so much better.

    @Priscilla, thank you, chica! I hope you guys can buy your house soon too! It's a very stressful time, though huh. LOL. It's exciting but so much to do to prepare to buy one. We left a really nice neighborhood in the "rich" part of McAllen and moved to the old part of Mission but like my mom says, "We all have to sacrifice for something we really want." True. We took a leap of faith and pray it all works out in the end. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so happy that you write post again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I totally read this fully earlier and I thought I left a comment, but I guess not. I'm so dumb lol. But anyways, I'm glad to hear that you are now gonna start saving up for a house. GG sounds like good company and its nice to hear that yall help her out and do things around her house to help her. I can't wait for you to be back, but totally understand that GG might look at you funny if you spend all day in the room working on blog stuff lol. Take care and have fun with GG. =>

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cookie, thanks! I can't wait to get back to blogging about makeup again!

    @frugalspender19, haha, I silently LOLed (everyone is sleeping). You are so cute! I love the way that you included GG in your comment. It's been a major change, I'll admit, and still there are times I wonder if we did the right thing. But all we can do is take it one day at a time. I have been helping GG out a lot around the house. I want us to be as big of a help to her as she is going to be for us. I want it to be a worthwhile adventure for us all! I will do my best to keep in touch. Much love, XXOO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's extremely kind of your bf's grandma to let you guys move in with her while you guys save up for a house. Hope you guys get settled soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Wendy, yes it is very sweet of her! She's a very good person and we will be making it up to her everyday for a long time. LOL. Thank you for the well wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a living situation that benefits everyone involved. I look forward to reading more of your posts when you return. :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Tamara, I hope our new living situation benefits everyone involved! LOL. I miss blogging so much but I seriously have had my hands so full these days. I cannot wait to come back to blogging. I think I've forgotten how! I look forward to posting and I hope that you will like them :)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥