My Pretties

Total Pageviews


Friday, May 11, 2012

Haul: L.A. Colors

Hello, My Pretties!

DO NOT ADJUST YOUR COMPUTER SETTINGS--it is I with a new blog post for you!  Can we say HIP HIP HOORAY?!

For those of you wondering where I have been, let's just say LIFE got in the way...

I cannot believe I went so long without updating my blog.  Please believe me when I tell you, I have missed this and I have missed all of you!

Let see how this goes.  I feel a little rusty...

So, today I hit up Family Dollar because I was looking for some gift wrap for my baby sister's birthday present which is on Mother's Day this year, May 13th, and I just happened upon some new (or new-to-me) L.A. Colors goodies.  It's been at least 2, close to 3 months, since the last time I bought makeup so I could not resist.

Here is what I got:

L.A. COLORS

L.A. COLORS
3 Color Eyeshadow Palette
CES442 Peony
0.19 OZ (5.5g)

$1.50

Fingertip swatches.

Inside wrist swatches on bare skin.

L.A. COLORS
3 Color Eyeshadow Palette
CES445 Sunflower
0.19 OZ (5.5g)

$1.50

Fingertip swatches.

Inside wrist swatches on bare skin.

L.A. COLORS LIPSTICK
LIPC406A Mauve Glaze
0.14 OZ (4g)

Fingertip swatch.

$1.00

L.A. COLORS LIPSTICK
LIPC409A Cherry Red
0.14 OZ (4g)

Fingertip swatch.
$1.00

L.A. COLORS LIPSTICK
LIPC414A Petal
0.14 OZ (4g)

Fingertip swatch.

$1.00

So, for $6.00, I got 6 eyeshadow colors and 3 lip colors.  That is a good deal to me!  I love the dollar store and I love L.A. Colors!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

3 Color Eyeshadow Palettes:  I do love each and every color.  I think the trios are well coordinated but I do not think they work well as a brow highlight color, lid color, and crease color.  I think using all three shades for those three purposes is too much.  I would definitely use all three colors in a single eye look but I just cannot see anyone of these six shades to make a good brow highlight color.  The texture is soft.  The Sunflower palette was much, much softer than the Peony palette but I believe that is because the Sunflower palette contained so much more shimmer than the Peony palette.  As for pigmentation, it's really good.  The pigmentation is much better in the Sunflower palette than the Peony palette.  I thought the bright colors in the Peony palette were fantastic but they swatched a little less than great.  Not bad at all, though!  Maybe with a primer or a base, these just might stand out so much more.  Packaging is alright.  It's simple, easy to open and thin.  Over all, I am happy with these. There were several other of these palettes to choose from so I am so tempted to go back and pick up a few more!  Stay tuned!

Lipsticks:  There were also several of these lipstick shades to choose from but I think I picked up the three that called out to me most.  The others were either too dark or too light.  But I think I did good in picking up a red, a pink, and more of a neutral shade.  My favorite of the three is Mauve Glaze.  Right up my alley.  I was really impressed with how red Cherry Red turned out to be.  It's more of an orange-red and I actually like it.  It's too bold for everyday use, so let's see what special occasion is around the corner.  As for Petal, I love the name, the color I'm not so sure about.  The lipstick itself if pretty, the fingertip swatch even looked good, but on my lips, that's another story.  It looked too frosty on me.  I think this one might still get used.  I hate buying makeup and not using it.  The texture of these is nice and smooth.  Goes on easily without any tugging.  These do not feel dry at all, very creamy, actually.  As for smell, I think they were aiming for a vanilla scent.  They smell sweet.  I did not like the packaging at all.  The clear plastic tops are hard to open and I do not like it when my lipsticks cannot retreat into the entire length of the tube.  When the tops of my lipsticks stick out, they always get nicked on the cap when I'm taking it off or putting it back on.  But I guess where a lot of these companies save money, and are able to charge you less per item, is in the cheap packaging.   Over all, I do like these lipsticks.

So, here you go, my beauties.  My first blog post since March 22nd!  I am so excited to be back.  I hope that this will be one of many new blog posts to come.  I have also abandoned my YouTube channel but I have plans to go back.  One thing at a time!

I do hope you enjoyed this post!  I'd love to hear what you think!

Luv & Luk,
--L.

♥♥ All items mentioned in this post were purchased by me with my own money. ♥♥

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Mrs. Makeup! I admit, I was super excited with my little haul I just had to share. This was the little push I needed to get this beauty ball rolling again!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back babe!! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks to you, my beautiful! You have been very supportive of me while I've been away. I'm happy to be back. All of this overwhelming support I have received has helped me feel welcomed and has been very encouraging. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg well hello there! welcome welcome. weve missed you truely!! hehe i love these colors i have yet to purchase any of the la colors but ive seen them around a few blogs and they are so inexpensive!! thanks for the post sweetie..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you are so awesome! Thank you for the wonderful welcome back! I am so happy to be here once again. And I must advise you to buy at least one of these to try them out. They are really good. I have the older 3 eyeshadow palettes and they are some of my favorite eyeshadows. Man, and for the price, usually between $1-$1.50, you can't go wrong. I will do and FOTD using these soon! Stay tuned!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much! I really do appreciate the comments. I'm on my way to your blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweet thang! So happy to see you are back! I understand things get crazy so no matter what we will welcome you back with lots of hugs! :) I really like what you picked up from the dollar store! I forget that they have makeup too! I love the lip colors you chose. Looks exactly what I would choose as well. :) Again so happy you are back! <3 <3 Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELCOME BACK BBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great haul all the colors are really pretty.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the eye look you created, i actually have that palette and I'm gonna try it out :)

    New follower from the #bbloggers Facebook page <3

    If you get a chance, check out my blog.

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

♥♥Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment on my blog. I love to read your comments and I promise to respond to all comments. Have a Prettyful day!♥♥